Southwest Florida has a lot to offer, and if you have been here at least once you would know that already. But if you have never had the opportunity to explore the area around Naples, we have compiled a list of things to do when you come on your first visit.
- The Beach – Naples pier and beach area are very popular places to swim in the warm Gulf of Mexico waters.
- Golf – There are more than 80 championship level courses in the Naples area which is considered one of the golf capitals of the world. If you like golf even a little bit, you will love walking around these scenic courses with perfect weather
- Shopping and entertainment – A great mix of modern and historic shops and excellent restaurants to keep you entertained
- Naples Botanical Garden – Has a great mix of natural and native plant species and imported tropical plants. There are over two miles of walking trails for you to explore and learn about nature and conservation on over 90 acres of land.
- Artis – This is the place to go for the performing arts with many concerts and stage shows every year. It also hosts exhibitions and houses the Baker museum
- Naples Zoo – Has all the usual lions, tigers, and bears as well as a tropical garden. The monkeys inhabit their own island which you can view from a boat that you can take on scheduled cruises.You can also get your exercise here because the main path through the zoo is over a mile long.
- Delnor Wiggins State Park – This park is a tropical sanctuary that runs along the beach where you can see all the natural wildlife and plants of the area.
- Revs Institute for Automotive Research – This is a great automotive museum with a very thorough explanation of the history and evolution of motor vehicles. They have an excellent collection of the best vintage cars throughout history. If you love cars, plan on spending a lot of time here.
- The von Liebig Art Center – This at gallery is the home of the Naples Art Association and hosts art classes, tours, and exhibitions. It also has a state of the art resource library.
- Historic Palm Cottage – Built in 1895, this 3500 square foot home is the oldest in Naples and was build by one of the founding residents of the area.You can take a tour and learn about the history of the area and view original artwork and furnishings from the time.
There are many other attractions you could add to this list, but this will be enough to keep you busy for a while. Don’t hesitate, come on down and enjoy everything Naples has to offer.